We are hiring a Senior Digital Product Designer with a solid user experience and research background to join our team in London.
We are looking for someone who loves to deliver great user-centred experiences, and that is passionate about using research to understand how products can improve people’s lives and to shape product design and strategy.
You will be working within a talented team of designers and engineers, focused on one project at a time, with the ability to contribute and improve the research practice within the wider company, and to collaborate with other teams working on different products.
Make Us Proud/YLD are a digital product design and engineering consultancy, based in Barbican, London, with offices in Lisbon, Porto and Manchester. We bring to our clients excellence in user experience, design and technology — we are extremely proud of the work we do, and of how we help our clients’ businesses grow.
- Identify opportunities to learn about user and business needs, and how those learnings can affect and direct product roadmaps
- Plan and conduct user research, working together with your team to analyse findings and define product and design strategy
- Help define the goals that your team should focus on and help plan future work and sprints
- Lead cross-functional workshops to work through tricky user problems and features
- Be keen to explore alternative paths and iterate products based on research findings as well as team feedback
- Be responsible for your project’s delivery, bringing up any issues that may arise to the Principal Consultant and helping to resolve them
- Be able to manage and define clients’ expectations
- Mentor other designers and expand their research skills
You’ll be great at this role if:
- You have delivered great product experiences that demonstrably balance business and user needs
- You are comfortable defining and managing your own work, and helping teams to plan future work
- You can represent the user and their needs, basing your insights and recommendations on solid research
- You know when to apply different research methodologies and techniques to find answers to the most relevant and important questions
- You have led UX for complex and/or technical products
- You can easily and clearly articulate design decisions to key stakeholders and executives, as well as in design critiques to your team members
- You are familiar with (and maybe even created or worked on) design systems
- You have worked with remote teams
- You have worked with teams following agile processes
Don’t worry if you don’t have experience in one or more of these areas. We understand everyone’s strengths are different, and we’re always open to you being able to expand your knowledge in the areas you don’t, if you wish to.
What we will give you:
- 10% time to work on your self development
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays)
- Company pension
- Private health insurance
- A new laptop
- Regular compensation reviews
- £2,000 annual training budget
- £300 annual hardware budget
- 6 months paid parental leave
- And more!